The personal introduction is a chance for you to provide information about yourself to your selected institutions. You’ll be able to read the prompt for 25 seconds and plan your response, followed by 30 seconds. This item is not marked but is sent to the selected institutions along with your score report. You can record your reply only once.
|Number of questions||N/A|
|Time allowed||1 minute|
What it might include
The following are the things that the personal introduction section might include:
- Your name
- City (current, past)
- Places you’ve been to
- Your previous school, college, universities
- Why are you attending the PTE Academic exam?
- Your profession
Tips & Tricks
Here are some tips for your personal introduction:
- Make sure the microphone and headphones are working properly before the test takes place.
- You as the test taker will read and write his answer in 25 seconds. You also get 30 seconds to speak to the microphone (without pausing).
- Only when your microphone opens, it records your voice. So make sure you start talking when the tone is heard and not before.
- Make sure to not chew your words when you record your response. Aim for clarity and don’t mumble words.
- Do not stop in the middle of your response if you realize you have committed a mistake. Finish the rest of your introduction without pauses.
Prepare for this in advance. You will only get one chance to record it and it will carry your reputation.